How to Use #nitaprompt and Other "Writing" Topics

On a Wednesday night group run shortly after I blogged about posting a writing prompt every day, a friend asked, "What are we supposed to do with them?"

Good question!

Ideally, one would do "writing practice" the timed-writing, no holds barred approach championed by my long-time teacher Natalie Goldberg with whom I have studied for many years. For those not familiar, I recently blogged about teaching Nat's "rules of writing practice." Since many of my followers on Facebook and Twitter are writers, I thought of each #nitaprompt as a topic for writing.

But feel free to use them however you want.

One artist friend finds they inspire her drawing and painting. This makes my heart so happy.

Another friend who teaches at a university stopped me to say, "I like those #nitaprompts. They make me remember things I'd forgotten." I do not know if he intends to write about them or not, but it was lovely to hear someone was paying attention!

The pupperina #Scarlet aka #ninetyninepercentgooddog brags to her doggy daycare friends about her creative mommy and her doggy friends bark about the topics.

Okay. Maybe that last one isn't entirely true.

My point is that I have no claim to how these topics should be used.

Do you have a unique way you use "writing" topics? I'd love to hear about it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,