On Autumn Saturdays, We Watch Buckeye Football

As my husband and I age, the thrill of attending Ohio State football games at Ohio Stadium has waned. Frankly, we'd much rather watch in the comfort of our home while the pupperina chews on things she shouldn't and where no one is spilling a beer down either of our backs.

But today, we made our annual trek to the 'Shoe to watch the Buckeyes beat Indiana.

For me, the best part of a game is the band. Yes, I'm biased, but I believe the Ohio State marching band is unrivaled in precision and style. I lived for band in high school and still regret selling my professional Haynes flute. I also regret that I didn't play a brass instrument and therefore couldn't be in the all brass "Best Damn Band in The Land" at Ohio State. But I was in law school anyway and barely had time to eat or sleep let alone practice music or routines.

I miss the days when television stations showed the full band performance at half-time. Now, when the sportscasters blather on during the mid-game break, I clench my teeth and mute the TV. We're lucky to see ten seconds of marching band footage.

So I may have squealed a little today when we made it to our seats in time to see the "incomparable" Script Ohio, during the pre-game show. If you missed it, here you go - our view from 19C, Row 2.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,