Abundance of Reader and Writer Events in Central Ohio Continues to Grow

In today's Columbus Dispatch, "So to Speak" columnist Joe Blundo writes of the Columbus arts scene, "We're still not New York City, but as you read what's ahead in the arts, keep in mind how far we've come."

The same can be said for the "book scene" in central Ohio. Steve Stephen's piece, also in today's Dispatch, truthfully proclaims "Plenty of authors await ravenous readers," and lists a half page of writing events.

In January of 2003 when I began publishing Write Now Newsletter, a monthly email listing central Ohio reader and writer events, the list had nine entries. Wow has that changed! Due to the summer lull, this month's email in August 2018 "only" included thirty-two events while the April issue had sixty-one. The poetry scene is exploding as are the number of author readings, writing groups, workshops and other writing and reading events of all kinds.

This abundance of options is fabulous news for the readers and writers of our community. It provides an opportunity for eager readers to meet the people behind the words. I still thrill at watching a favorite author pen their name on the title page of their book.

While I do my best to include every reading and writing event in our multi-county area, I fear I miss a few. Please help me make Write Now Newsletter as complete as possible by sending reader and writer events to nita@nitasweeney.com.

And, if you're so inclined, drop a few pennies in my tip jar. Thanks in advance!

Now get out of here and go see those authors!

Labels: , , ,