Word Carver Interview


"Technology gives us the facilities that lessen the barriers of time and distance - the telegraph and cable, the telephone, radio, and the rest." - Emily Greene Balch

Sometimes life hands you a gift. My most recent present came in the form of an email from Cynthia Rosi, host of the podcast Word Carver which airs on WGRN 94.1 FM asking if I'd like to be on the show. What an honor!

She interviewed me about my monthly email publication Write Now Newsletter, my time assisting Natalie Goldberg, my teaching of Natalie's techniques, the memoir I'm currently working on (Twenty-Six Point Freaking Two), and the changes I've noticed in the Columbus writing scene over the past fourteen years I've been publishing the newsletter.

Cynthia is easy to talk to. She's smart and asks good questions. I love that she asked whether I have a "tip jar" - which I do - making it sound as if I'm a barista in a coffee shop brewing a special drink for each of you every month. I hope you enjoy this month's selection.

You can listen to the interview here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,