Revision Roundup

"Every book is the wreck of a perfect idea." - Iris Murdoch

Congrats to everyone who attempted National Novel Writing Month! Whether you wrote 50,000 words or not, you're a winner in my book. I finished with 90,690 words, the second draft of a novel written from scratch without looking at the original work at all. Considering how quickly it was written, this draft may be as bad or worse than the first, but I stumbled upon few good ideas along the way and saw some problems I'll be able to catch the next time through.

In the spirit of the edits that loom ahead, I've rounded up a few blog posts on revision that might help us all. Special thanks to Debbie Ridpath Ohi for her Twitter inkyelbows links to most of these.


What's your editing process? If you like, leave a comment below.

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/writenownetwork

Labels: , ,