Calling All Angels

"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader." - Robert Frost

As many of you know, my beloved niece Jamey Ax, passed away on February 6, 2007. She was 24. It's no wonder I was having trouble writing last month! Jamey was at the end of her journey and my entire family was deep in the throes of pre-grief. But anticipatory sadness did not diminish the pain I felt when I heard the words, "She's gone."

I'm letting myself grieve. I continue working on the book and reading for school, but I'm also doing lots of pure undirected writing practice as well as spending time with Jamey's mother, other family members, and alone. Just like writing, grieving is a process. It will take its natural course whether I want it to or not.

I hope when something devastating happens in your life that you will allow yourself the time it takes to heal. Life slows down when we're in pain. As a writer, I pay attention, take notes, and let time do its work.

Thanks for your compassion - now, and always.

Nita (calling all angels) Sweeney
©Nita Sweeney, 2007, all rights reserved

 
     To DONATE to Bumglue, Click Here.     
 

Labels: , , , , , ,